Create a fillet
- Click Design > Solid > Modify > Fillet.
- In the dialog, from the Type dropdown list, select Fillet.
- In the canvas, select edges, faces, or features to fillet.
- Adjust the settings associated with the selection set:
- Optional: Click the + icon to add a selection set to the list.
- Click OK.
When to use modify fillet in Fusion 360?
- The first box has fillets applied to the initial sketch before the box was created, using the sketch fillet tool. The second box has fillets applied after the box was created, using the modify fillet tool. Let’s say that I’m working on my model and I decided that I needed to get rid of the fillet on one of these edges.
- 1 How do I resize my Fusion 360?
- 2 How do you edit a Fusion 360 fillet?
- 3 How do you make components smaller in Fusion 360?
- 4 Can you scale a sketch in Fusion 360?
- 5 What menu would you find the fillet tool on in Fusion 360?
- 6 What is a rule fillet in Fusion 360?
- 7 What is the difference between a fillet and a chamfer?
- 8 How is fillet radius measured?
- 9 How do you move an object to the origin in Fusion 360?
How do I resize my Fusion 360?
From the Modify menu, click Scale. Note: The mesh can be scaled non-uniformly as well by selecting the drop-down for Scale Type.
- Select the entity to be scaled and enter a Scale Factor.
- Click OK to finish scaling.
- If design history is enabled, leave the mesh workspace by clicking Finish Mesh in the toolbar.
How do you edit a Fusion 360 fillet?
You can either right -click on the fillet and select “Edit Feature” from the menu or double-click the fillet feature in your timeline.
How do you make components smaller in Fusion 360?
You cannot edit a linked component in the top-level design. Instead, open this component in a separate tab, and you should be able to Extrude/Cut it to whatever size you want. Another alternative is to select the linked component, right click, and choose “Break Link”.
Can you scale a sketch in Fusion 360?
On Scale function, you can select the sketch node as the object. The sketch node is on the right browser tree. It will give you a default point as scale center. You can switch to Point select and select any point you want as the scale conter.
By the end of this video, you’ll know how to use the sketch fillet command in Fusion 360. The sketch fillet command can be activated from the sketch dropdown list… or from the right-click sketch menu. It’s important to note that there is also a model fillet command, that is located under the modify dropdown list.
What is a rule fillet in Fusion 360?
Fillet: Rounds edges based on selected edges, faces, or features. Rule Fillet: Rounds edges based on rules that determine which edges to fillet. Full Round Fillet: Rounds edges over three adjacent faces.
What is the difference between a fillet and a chamfer?
A chamfer is the sloped or angled edges or corners of a part design. It is an antonym of the fillet. Instead of having a curved shape, a chamfer is straight and has a sharp angle. If your design requires sharp corners to be efficient for its purpose, you should choose chamfer over the different fillet mechanics.
How is fillet radius measured?
A radius gauge, also known as a fillet gauge, is a tool used to measure the radius of an object. Radius gauges require a bright light behind the object to be measured. The gauge is placed against the edge to be checked and any light leakage between the blade and edge indicates a mismatch that requires correction.
How do you move an object to the origin in Fusion 360?
Select the Point to Point or Point to Position Move Type.
- Select a point on one of the bodies as the origin point.
- Select the origin in the browser tree as the target point.