How does a variable size fillet work in SolidWorks?
- The model edge remains unchanged, while the fillet adjusts. The fillet edge adjusts to be continuous and smooth, while the model edge changes to match the fillet edge. You can manipulate and assign radius values to the control points between the vertices of a symmetric or asymmetric variable size fillet.
- 1 How do you fillet in SolidWorks?
- 2 How do you make a radius in SolidWorks?
- 3 How do you cook a full round fillet?
- 4 What is variable fillet?
- 5 What is setback fillet?
- 6 How do you fillet a 3D model in Solidworks?
- 7 What is the dimensional formula of radius?
- 8 How do you find the radius in Solidworks 2019?
- 9 How do you make a subassembly flexible?
- 10 How do you smooth corners in Solidworks?
How do you fillet in SolidWorks?
To create fillets:
- Click Fillet on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Features, Fillet/Round.
- Set the PropertyManager options. For constant radius fillets only, you can use the FilletXpert to add or modify fillets and to manage fillet corners.
- Click OK.
How do you make a radius in SolidWorks?
To change the placement of circular dimensions:
- Right-click the dimension.
- In the Dimension PropertyManager, select the Leaders tab.
- Under Witness/Leader Display, select a placement option. For example: Radius. Diameter. You can also right click the dimension and select Display Options.
How do you cook a full round fillet?
Click 3D Model tab Modify panel Fillet Full Round Fillet. To Create Full Round Fillets
- Include Tangent Faces. Select to allow the fillet to continue over tangent, adjacent faces automatically.
- Preserve All Features. When selected, checks all features that intersect with the fillet.
- Optimize for Single Selection.
What is variable fillet?
Variable radius fillets are curved surfaces defined according to a variable radius. A variable radius corner means that at least two different constant radii are applied to two entire edges.
What is setback fillet?
Jul 29 2014In-product view. Use a setback fillet to define tangent continuous transitions between fillets on intersecting edges. You can specify a different setback for each edge in an intersection.
How do you fillet a 3D model in Solidworks?
To fillet edges of 3D solids:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Fillet edges (or type FilletEdges).
- Specify the Radius option.
- Specify the radius of the fillet arc.
- Specify the edges of 3D solids and press Enter. The software fillets the edges by the specified radius.
What is the dimensional formula of radius?
For example, if r is the radius of a cylinder and h is its height, then we write [r] = L and [h] = L to indicate the dimensions of the radius and height are both those of length, or L. Similarly, if we use the symbol A for the surface area of a cylinder and V for its volume, then [A] = L2 and [V] = L3.
How do you find the radius in Solidworks 2019?
Measures distance, angle, and radius in sketches, 3D models, assemblies, or drawings. Also measures the size of and between lines, points, surfaces, and planes. To open the Measure dialog box: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure.
How do you make a subassembly flexible?
To make a subassembly flexible:
- Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties.
- In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK. Flexible is not available for lightweight subassemblies.
How do you smooth corners in Solidworks?
In the Corner-Trim PropertyManager, set the following under Relief Options:
- Select edges for Corner edges.
- Click Collect all corners.
- Select a value for Relief Type.
- Select or clear Centered on bend lines.
- Set a value for Radius or Side length.
- Select Ratio to thickness to set a value.
- Select Tangent to bend.