How does a fillet work in SolidWorks?
- Fillet/Round creates a rounded internal or external face on the part. You can fillet all edges of a face, selected sets of faces, selected edges, or edge loops. You can use the Fillet PropertyManager to control options for fillet features. The PropertyManager displays the appropriate options based on the type of fillet you create.
- 1 How do you smooth corners in Solidworks?
- 2 How do you remove fillet edges in Solidworks?
- 3 How do you flip a fillet in Solidworks?
- 4 Which tool is used for rounding the corners in SolidWorks?
- 5 How do you round the edges of a rectangle in SolidWorks?
- 6 How do I turn off Tan edges in Solidworks?
- 7 What are shaded edges?
How do you smooth corners in Solidworks?
In the Corner-Trim PropertyManager, set the following under Relief Options:
- Select edges for Corner edges.
- Click Collect all corners.
- Select a value for Relief Type.
- Select or clear Centered on bend lines.
- Set a value for Radius or Side length.
- Select Ratio to thickness to set a value.
- Select Tangent to bend.
How do you remove fillet edges in Solidworks?
Hover over another fillet in the FeatureManager design tree that is applied to multiple edges. You want to remove the fillet from the circular edge only. Select the circular filleted edge. Click Remove.
How do you flip a fillet in Solidworks?
Make surface fillets with hold lines. Trim or keep the filleted surfaces in a face fillet. Make a variable radius fillet on a surface. Click Reverse Face Normal for a face set to reverse the fillet direction.
Which tool is used for rounding the corners in SolidWorks?
Rounding or beveling of sharp corners is used extensively in part design. And SolidWorks has provided an easy way, an interface, for applying either one. Rounding is called fillets, and beveling is called chamfers.
How do you round the edges of a rectangle in SolidWorks?
In order to round off the corner edges of the rectangle use the Fillet tool also found on the feature tab.
- Click on the fillet tool.
- Select the corner edges you want to round off.
- Define the radius of the fillet (0.25 in)
- Click the green check mark.
How do I turn off Tan edges in Solidworks?
To change this on your system, go to Tools > Options, then under the System Options tab, select Display/Selection from the list on the left, then in the “Part/Assembly tangent edge display” choose “As Phantom.” Other options include “As visible” (the default setting) or “Removed” (see below).
What are shaded edges?
The Shaded with Edges style displays the image in shaded mode, and has the option of displaying ambient occlusion. Select Ambient Occlusion from the Graphics Display Option dialog to simulate the blocking of ambient (diffused) light. A default light source provides illumination for the shaded elements.